Kelly Trail

 This was fun on a beautiful Saturday morning.


The top left is where I was on Tomahawk Rd. on my way to Brodigan's for the day.  I will admit to ignoring multiple ROAD CLOSED AHEAD signs because I've made it through that stuff before.  You can see that the road I was on was about to cross over the Stony River.  The immediate right turn is where I could actually believe that the road was closed.  Mainly because the bridge deck in front of me was gone and several pieces of heavy equipment were in place on both sides of the river.  The right turn took me and the Maverick on the Kelly Trail.Considering that current ATVs are basically cars, it was a quick coin flip to take the designated "ATV DETOUR" - 10 miles of what I would consider to be a narrow, low-maintenance county road.  There were a few rocks that I had to avoid, but having a smaller truck came in handy.

Here's a short preview of a pretty good section of the trail.  

Comments